Minimum Advertised Pricing Policy
POLICY PURPOSE & SCOPE
We believe in building and maintaining a fair marketplace for all our approved resellers to operate in. Our strict MAP policy prevents margin compression amongst all our resellers in addition to preserving the quality of our brand.
Warren London (“WL”) gives its resellers the ability to sell and promote Warren London branded products in both their retail stores and through their own web site, but sale and promotion on 3rd party websites / marketplaces (not hosted by the reseller) must be approved in writing by Warren London.
In order to establish a level playing field while allowing individual pricing decisions, all resellers of WL products must adhere to the following Minimum Advertised Pricing (MAP) policy. This policy is being implemented unilaterally, and WL will not invite or accept any input into how the policy will be administered or maintained. Further, this is not an agreement, and WL will not ask for or accept any assurance of compliance or other agreement.
Warren London, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to discontinue doing business with any reseller that advertises any product(s) covered by this MAP Policy at a price lower than MAP. Official list of MAP products and pricing is available at www.warrenlondon.com/pages/map. Pricing is quantified in the United States Dollar, and international resellers must reflect fair market pricing translated into their local currency.
- The MAP policy applies to all advertisements of MAP products in any and all media, including but not limited to flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, television, radio, and public signage, as well as internet sites, social media sites, apps, or any other electronic media.
- The MAP policy does not apply to solely on-premise or in-store advertising that is not distributed to customers. However, it does apply to all prices placed on approved websites.
- The MAP policy applies to advertised and publicly visible prices that are published on approved websites. Additional discounts below MAP price for subscription and membership programs must be approved by Warren London.
- Website features such as “click for price", automated “bounce-back” pricing e-mails, pre-formatted e-mail responses, forms, automatic price display for any items prior to being placed in a customer’s shopping cart and other similar features are considered to be communications initiated by the reseller (rather than by the customer) and thereby constitute “advertising” under this MAP policy.
- It shall not be a violation of this MAP policy to advertise that a customer may “call for price” or “email for price," or to use similar language, specifically with respect to MAP products, so long as no price is listed.
- This MAP policy also applies to any activity which WL determines, in its sole discretion, is designed or intended to circumvent the intent of this MAP policy, such as solicitations for "group purchases" and the like.
- It shall not be a violation of this MAP policy to advertise in general that the reseller has “the lowest prices” or will match or beat its competitors’ prices, or to use similar phrases; so long as the reseller does not include any advertised price below MAP and otherwise complies with this MAP policy.
- From time to time, at our discretion, WL may permit resellers to advertise MAP products at prices lower than the MAP retail price. In such events, WL reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP price with respect to the affected products for a specified period of time by providing advance notice. To opt in for communication emails regarding to changes to MAP prices, please email email@example.com.
- If a reseller with multiple store locations violates this MAP policy at any one store location, or on any associated website, then WL will consider this to be a violation by the reseller.
- WL reserves the right to cancel any pending orders, restrict future orders, or suspend resellers' account if WL reasonably believes a reseller has violated the provisions of this policy; or intends to violate this policy.
- WL’s MAP policy Administrator is solely responsible for determining whether a violation of the MAP policy has occurred, as well as determining appropriate sanctions.
- The foregoing is a statement of WL’s unilateral policy and expresses the terms upon which we will deal with our customers. This policy may be modified by WL from time to time. WL does not seek, nor will accept, any agreement or understanding with respect to the prices you may advertise or charge at any time.
- WL reviews the advertised prices of resellers, either directly or via the use of third-party agencies or tools. Resellers are expected to provide reasonable cooperation in any WL investigations regarding possible MAP policy violations. Hindering, obstructing, delaying, or otherwise failing to cooperate with a WL MAP policy investigation is a violation of this MAP policy.
- The MAP policy will be administered by WL without notice. Resellers, distributors, and resellers have no right to enforce the MAP policy. Violations of this policy may result in any of the aforementioned sanctions up to and including termination of our business relationship, as well as any available remedies at law.